Founder of Somalogy – the science of the living body
NYC USA, Bali, Norway, Canada, Thailand, Germany, and Italy
About Tyr Throne
Tyr has developed The Youthing System of SOMALOGY™, a leading-edge modality, over a 30 year period. He has done this through the United States, Germany and Asia through his private practice: research and development, clinical work, teaching and training students in his Somalogy and Youthing programs.
Developed over 250 SCULPT and FLOAT structural body work methods; more than 150 verbal and written Evolutionary Process Systems to enhance the physical changes through emotional and spiritual evolution; and over 300 Evolutionary Movement Exploration special exercises and Evolutionary Movement Interactive body use training/learning techniques.
Developed Healing Trance Dance, Sei Tai Katsugen Undo and other healing ritual movement and meditation experiences for individuals and groups.
- Pre-medical studies with an interest & emphasis in surgery & psychology.
- 14 years institutional work in over 400 hospitals, prisons and schools; performing & teaching with psychiatric geriatrics, the criminally insane, emotionally disturbed, autistic, mentally retarded, terminally ill and learning challenged.
- Basic & Advanced Structural Integration Certification (with Richard Demmerle, son of Ida Rolf, Ph.D.). Developed “The Next 100? Structural Integration sessions.
- Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner. Member of the Feldenkrais Federation. Founder of the New Feldenkrais Association of NY and Advanced Feldenkrais Workshops.
- Acupuncture certification with Dr. Liang, Director of Guangzow Institute of China.
- Cranial Sacral Therapy certification through NYNLP. Continuing education in Trauma and Addiction Recovery through NY Institute of Clinical Hypnosis and Psychotherapy.
- Multi-level Body Harmony training with Dr. Macfarland (Founder).
- Kung Fu training with Sifu Cambrelen, International Champion. 30 years Martial Arts experience.
- Tai Chi & Qi Gung training with Dr. Ma in Hong Kong. 15 years teaching experience.
- Yoga and meditation training in India. 20 years teaching experience.
- Over 20 years professional dance experience as Ballet Master, Principle Dancer and Guest Artist. Has staged: Nutcracker, Romeo & Juliet, Cinderella, Don Q, Swan Lake, Sleeping Beauty and Contemporary works.